Clinics and Services
We offer a range of services including the below. For more information, please visit our Health Review and Assessment Clinic.
Our nursing team provides a full range of services including:
- Blood pressure checks – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a review of your blood pressure, please complete our Blood Pressure Review form.
- NHS Health Checks
- Well woman and well man checks
- Over 75 health checks
- Monitoring of patients on regular medication for long term conditions such as asthma, COPD, diabetes, hypertension and heart disease – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a review of your asthma, COPD or Hypertension, please visit our Health Review and Assessment Clinic and complete the relevant form.
- Travel advice and vaccinations – For more information, please visit our Travel Clinics page.
- Lifestyle advice – e.g. smoking cessation and diet – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a review of your smoking, please complete our Smoking Review form.
- Routine and child immunisations
- Contraception – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a review of your contraception, please complete our Contraception Review form.
- New patient registration health checks
We also have two fully qualified Phlebotomist’s who run blood test clinics each week.
We have a number of pharmacists based within the practice who offer advice regarding medication.
Additional GP services
We also host several services within the health centre for convenient access for our patients.
- Counselling provided by Six Degrees Social Enterprise – Please make an appointment with the doctor to discuss referral.
- Ultrasound scans provided by Diagnostic Healthcare – Please make an appointment with the doctor to discuss referral.
- Welfare Rights – Please contact Reception to book an appointment directly.
- Joint injections.
Other Local Healthcare Services
The district nurses hold daily surgeries and can help you on referral by a doctor. If necessary, home visits can be arranged.
They can be contacted by telephone on 0161 631 4774.
The health visitor can be contacted on 0161 206 1764. She can advise on many aspects of health care, especially for small children.
If you wish for pre-pregnancy counselling or think that you may be pregnant and require advice, please make an appointment with your doctor. You will then be referred to our midwife who will help with your Antenatal care and take all necessary blood tests.
You will need referral to hospital for scans and to book in for your baby’s birth. After the birth you will be visited at home by the midwife. Your health visitor will attend about a week after you come home to check up on the baby. When the baby is 8 weeks old, he/she will be invited for a check-up and immunisations at our baby clinic. In most circumstances we will arrange for your postnatal check-up with the doctor to coincide with baby’s 8 week check.
The midwife holds Antenatal Clinics on Monday at The Hub:
48-50 Rigby Street
Please ring 0161 720 2133 to make an appointment.
There is also a drop-in clinic held on Fridays from 10:00 – 11:00.
Family Planning / Sexual Health
The Family Planning / Sexual Health Clinic is held on a Wednesday evening upstairs in the health centre.
Salford Royal Community Services
These are based upstairs within Newbury Place Health Centre.
For more details call on 0161 206 1772 or enquire at their main reception.
Pharmacy / Optician
There is a pharmacy and an optician located within the health centre. Please note that we cannot endorse any particular supplier.